Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
LAPTOP CHECKOUT POLICIES
Laptops are available for student use while in the library.
- Check out Laptops with librarian at the Circulation Desk.
- Present your ID card to check out the laptop.
- Your ID card will be kept at the Circulation Desk until you return the laptop.
- Return all laptops before each period ends or before closing (at least 5 minutes before).
- If you notice a problem with the laptop checked out to you, make sure to report the issue immediately to the librarian.
STUDY ROOM RESERVATIONS
Reservations can be made:
̴ Before school
̴ During Class Periods̴
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AS FOLLOWS
1. At the circulation desk with the librarian
2. Via email to the librarian: Mrs. Andrade at [email protected]
Make sure to include the following information in your email:
Name & ID #
Date & time(s) of your reservation(s)
# of individuals using the study room (room maximum capacity = 10 students)
If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of your reservation the study room will be opened up to other students. If you cancel your reservation without informing the librarian you will not be allowed to reserve the Study Rooms for 2 weeks.
elibrary: High Quality Research Articles
Users can find images, video, eBooks, and 100% full-text articles from newspapers, magazines, and scholarly journals. They can also find maps, transcripts, audio files, graphics, interactives, dictionaries, thesauri, encyclopedias, almanacs, atlases, timelines, slideshows, editorially created research pages, and hand-selected websites. Publications are updated promptly, and thousands of new images are added every day.
On-Campus Username: 90-1602
Off-Campus Username: 90-1602remote
Password: get from library or front office
*Access to over 80 public library databases
At school: Use SVHS generic library card # 1111740074988
At home: Use your own County public library card
INSTAGROK is an innovative educational search engine that combines sophisticated semantic technology with an interactive user interface to make learning more engaging, personalized and fun for everyone.
LIBRARY BOOK CHECKOUT POLICIES:
Our BOOK Collection consists of Reference and circulating collections, Fiction, Nonfiction, 92-Biographies, Story Collection, Foreign Language Collection-----Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Encyclopedias
MAGAZINES: Current Magazines in binders are for library use only and not to be checked out. Older Magazines are also available for your use in the library.
PAMPHLET FILES: Miscellaneous items on subjects, people, countries and states.
You MUST have your ID card EVERY TIME you check out materials.
- You may checkout up to 6 items total: ONE per subject.
- Fines: If you owe more than $10.00 in book fees, you will not be allowed to check out books until you pay off your balance.
- Loan period of FIFTEEN OPEN-LIBRARY DAYS. Books may be renewed as long as no other students have requested the book(s)
- Late fees and check out restrictions may apply if you don’t return your books
- DO NOT check out books for another student.
- DO NOT leave library books in your locker overnight or on weekends
- You are responsible for lost books.
LIVE HOMEWORK HELP
The County of Los Angeles offers students Live Homework help. You can connect with vetted tutors who will help with homework or studies in real-time.
You can get help in the following subjects: Tutors speak English, Spanish and Vietnamese
- Social Studies
- Essay review
*You must have a County of LA Library Card
Click HERE if you need to apply for a library card.