STUDENT DRESS CODE
Goals of our Student Dress Code:
- It is every student’s responsibility to comply with school dress code and comply with instructions/consequences when in violation.
- Pursuant to California law, Education Code, and Board Policy, standards of dress shall be in effect at all times during school hours and school related events.
- Maintain a safe learning environment in classes where protective or supportive clothing is needed, such as chemistry/biology (eye or body protection), dance (bare feet, tights/leotards), or PE (athletic attire/shoes)
- Prevent students from wearing clothing with offensive images or language, including profanity, hate speech, and pornography
- Prevent students from wearing clothing with images or language depicting or advocating violence or the use of alcohol or drugs
- Ensure that all students are treated equitably regardless of gender/gender identification, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, body type/size, religion, and personal style
Dress Code Committee Objectives:
- Create a Fair, Consistent & Updated Dress Code for all stakeholders
- Eliminate Offensive Language
- Develop protocols for all staff when addressing Dress Code Violations
- Identify “too restrictive” and “what’s allowable"
- Students and staff in agreement with new Dress Code
- Develop “options” for students when in violation of the Dress Code
2021-22 Dress Code Revisions Committee Members: