Counseling » Career Center

Career Center

Work Permits

Please print and complete the Work Permit Application (link on the left).


  • Students complete the top portion
  • Employer completes the bottom portion
  • Bring the completed document and a copy of your Social Security Card to Ms. Michelle Svider in the Counseling Office.
  • If you have specific questions, please contact Ms. Svider at 960-7741 Extension 87108


Work permits will be issued within 2-5 days




Students under 18 years of age who are being hired for a job must obtain a work permit. You may apply for a Work Permit once you have been offered a job. Work Permit Applications are available in the Counseling Office.

Students must have a job prior to applying for a Work Permit

Carefully and neatly complete the application. All items must be filled in by you and your employer. Do not leave any blank spaces. 

Have your parent or guardian sign and date the application.

Bring your original Social Security Card and your completed application to the Counseling Office to receive your Work Permit.




Counseling College and Career Services


Visit the Counseling Office to find out about college and career exploration events. 

If you are a graduate of Sierra Vista High School, Mrs. Anaya would like to invite you to serve as a mentor, classroom speaker, or Career and College Fair presenter. Please call Mrs. Anaya at 960-7741 ext. 87004.



Counseling serves as a liaison for all branches of the Military and for the Military Academies. Military recruiters are only allowed on campus on Wednesdays during the students lunch break. A table and chairs are provided for the recruiter, if they call in advance. Recruiters are not allowed to walk around campus. They are to be stationary in the Center Quad.


U.S. Navy
U.S. Army
U.S. Marines
U.S. Air Force
U.S. National Guard
U.S. Coast Guard


Career Exploration Links
College Information
Choices Planner Website
College Board Website
California State University (CSU) Website
University of California (UC) Website
Private Colleges in California Web Tool
Virtual Campus Tours
SAT Test Information Website
ACT Test Information Website



ROP is a public education service that provides practical, hands-on career preparation and career guidance. Students need to be 16 years of age in order to participate in the program. Students can earn 10 elective units when taking a ROP class. Students need to see their counselor to register for a class. Classes are offered every semester, during the regular school day, as part of their elective or after school.
East San Gabriel Valley ROP is one of 72 ROP’s in the state of California. ROP is designed to provide students with the technical skills required for particular jobs. Community based-internships in local businesses and industry sites are offered in many classes.


Example of classes offered this year:


Early Childhood Education
Sports Physical Therapy


College and Career Services


College visitations
College application workshops
Career and College Fair
(If you are a professional, who would like to be a presenter in our annual Career and College Fair, please contact us)
Resources Available at the College/Career Center:
        Armed Services Information
       SAT and ACT Test Information (See Counseling Office)
       UC and CSU information


Summer Programs


Students have access to a variety of summer programs offered such as: Summer Science Program, University of Denver Engineering, Constitutional Rights Foundation Youth Internship Program, Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Conference, Accounting Career Summer Residency Program and others.