Dual Language Program/Programa de Doble Lenguaje
BENEFITS OF THE DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM
- Qualify for two special seals on the diploma (pending requirements)
- Communication skills developed in both languages
- Leadership experience within the school and community
- Intervention, when needed
- Sense of community and comradery
Dual Language Mission (Misión)
Implement a high quality Dual Language Program that emphasizes academic achievement in English and Spanish.
Implementar un programa de alta calidad que se enfatiza el rendimiento académico en inglés y en español.
Dual Language Vision (Visión)
Graduate students to be bilingual, bi-literate, and culturally diverse.
Graduar estudiantes del programa de doble lenguaje que sean, completamente bilingües y culturalmente diversos.
BPUSD DUAL LANGUAGE PLAN/PLAN BILINGÜE
Students accepted into the Dual language program will follow the plan below as part of their High School Academic Plan. Upon graduating and meeting all DL requirements/expectations students can earn a DL Seal and/or a Bilingual Seal on their diplomas. Click on the picture below for detailed requirements regarding the CA Bilingual Seal.
9th grade/ Noveno
Spanish 2 Honors
Spanish 3 Honors
AP Spanish Language
*Must take AP Spanish Language Exam during 11th grade
AP Spanish Literature
Dual Language Club
Dual Language Club
LA Field Trip
Other 9th grade courses needed for graduation
Other 10th grade courses needed for graduation
Other 11th grade courses needed for graduation
Other 12th grade courses needed for graduation
- Participate in community service, extra-curricular activities, and student conferences.
- Take the AP Spanish Language Exam during the student's 11th grade year.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or better. Students must maintain a grade of C or better in all core and Dual Language classes; If a student receives lower than a C on a report card, the student is placed on probation and the course must be retaken.
- If the student receives two unsatisfactory grades, he/she can be exited from the program. Once the student exits the program, he/she cannot return to the program.
SERVICE LEARNING PROJECT (12TH GRADE)
- Completed during the Chicano Literature Course.
- Students identify a problem in their community in which they can affect positive change.
- They plan out the steps necessary for addressing this issue.
- They research, discuss, and act on their plan.
DL PROGRAM NEWS